Objectives and Goals
The Clinical Immunology Society (CIS), established in 1986, is devoted to fostering developments in the science and practice of clinical immunology. The primary objectives and purposes of this Society shall be:
- to facilitate the interchange of ideas and information among physicians and other investigators who are concerned with immunological/inflammatory diseases;
- to promote research on the causes and mechanisms of diseases relating to the immune system and, as a result, to unify concepts of disease pathogenesis;
- to encourage investigators and clinicians to share in their knowledge of immunologically active drugs and other interventions;
- to promote application and dissemination of recent advances in biomedical science for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases related to immunity and inflammation; and
- to foster excellence in research and medical practice.